- A new management team took control of Mariner Corporation in November 2010
- New management is focused on recapitalising the company and creating value for shareholders
- Mariner will explore and pursue investment opportunities that have emerged as a result of the GFC
- Initially, Mariner will be acquiring strategic stakes in listed and unlisted Australian small cap companies and unit trusts.
- Mariner will be raising capital as the opportunities arise to support this acquisitions strategy
- Capital raising represents a key element of the restructuring and recapitalising of the company
Mariner will identify investment opportunities where change is occurring, because change creates value.
We can drive change through strategic acquisitions, mergers, consolidation and aggregation, company restructuring, and bringing in the right people to execute a clear strategy for a growing business.
For example, we will make meaningful, strategic investments in other listed companies, agitate for change at board level where warranted, and work with management to deliver improved results.
Mariner's new management team will invest in both mature industries that are fragmented, and emerging industries ready to deliver sustainable growth.
Our competitive advantage is that we can bring capital with the expertise to achieve, and the flexibility to follow opportunities which are undervalued and can be turned around.
We will realise our investment positions at the right time, generally when further investment returns cannot be maintained at our target levels.
We see ourselves as guardians of shareholder funds with a duty to deliver profit from change and value creation.
“We aim to take advantage of good buying opportunities in the small cap market”
Change creates value